As a member of an rma network Member, you have direct access to the National Livestock Insurance Policy. You will receive the right insurance cover at the right price, tailored and delivered by insurance professionals and backed by the financial strength and security of an insurance company that has been serving Australian rural and regional communities for over 160 years.
The CGU Marine Livestock Transit Accidental Loss Insurance Policy is a plain language wording designed to protect livestock against death and physical injury during a transit. Vendors, buyers and livestock farmers will receive a market leading policy wording incorporating commonly requested extra covers, a competitive premium rate and most importantly a NIL excess.
What is covered?
Livestock is covered for accidental loss during transit including:
- commercial stud livestock up to a limit any one Animal of $5,000
- death, physical injury or slaughter for humane reasons
- death, physical injury or slaughter due to an uncontrollable (berserk) Animal
- theft, pilferage and non-delivery
- loading and unloading
- escape from an accident site
What type of Livestock can be insured?
Providing your Animals are in a good state of health and fit for transport, this insurance covers most types of Livestock up to a maximum limit any one conveyance of $250,000.
What are the Extra Covers?
The policy wording includes Additional Benefits. Following a claim, cover is also extended to include:
- in the case of injury, the cost of agisting to bring these Animals back to their condition prior to the loss or the agreed depreciation in value if they are sold as injured Livestock
- the cost of mustering your Livestock up to a limit of 25% of the Sum Insured involved
- clean up and disposal costs up to a limit of $50,000
- costs paid by you to avoid or minimise any further loss