As a Livestock producer your precise asset is your animals. RMA Insurance Brokers in conjunction with CGU Insurance have developed a Farm Insurance product covering the Theft of Livestock up to a value of $200,000 at any one situation, along with a nominated amount for “Fire & Perils” cover on the livestock.
What is covered?
Livestock is covered for the specified amounts you nominate: Livestock means any type of farm animal specified on Your Schedule. This does not include domestic animals or Working Dogs.
- Fires & Perils cover to your nominated Sum Insured
- Theft Cover to your nominated amount (Max $200,000)
- Excess applicable to each section is specified on the schedule
What is not covered?
- Unexplained shortages or disappearances
- Theft or attempted Theft by You or any member of Your family who normally lives with You, or by a person acting on your behalf
- Theft or attempted Theft by employees
What type of Livestock can be insured?
- Beef Cattle, Dairy Cattle
Fire & Perils
We will cover You for loss or damage caused by:
- fire or explosion
- lightning or thunderbolt
- earthquake, or tsunami
- riots, civil commotions, industrial or political disturbances
- impact by an aircraft, spacecraft or satellite, or anything dropped from them
- Impact by a falling tree or part of a tree. impact by a falling television or radio antenna, mast or dish
- Impact by any animal or bird that is not kept at Your Situation. This does not include any animal or bird attacking, eating, chewing, clawing or pecking Your Livestock.
- Impact by vehicles and watercraft.
Theft of Livestock
- The Livestock set out on Your Schedule is insured is insured for Theft or any attempted Theft. It is only insured if You own, or are liable for the Livestock.
- Excess options from $5000 to $20,000
- Theft cover will only apply at the situation(s) nominated on the schedule.
- The situation must be occupied by an owner or manager or under be under regular supervision.
- Records must be kept of all stock movements including but not limited to the National Livestock Identification Scheme.
- The limit any one animal is $2,000
- Livestock is limited to specified type on schedule